Sunday 15 September 2013

Sweet Potato Soufflé

My second stop on the 'flavours of fall' train is sweet potato. I couldn't resist whipping up one of my all-time favourite recipes. This dish, though not overly appealing at first sight, is absolutely delectable and near and dear to my heart.

I was introduced to the concept of Sweet Potato Soufflé during my time in Southern Georgia. Have I mentioned this before? I spent two high school semesters living in the 'Deep South' and fell head over heels in love with the people, farming, the low paced lifestyle, the land, and the cooking! That cooking will get you every. single. time! I can't believe I haven't mentioned this before now. Shame on me. I'll sit down one of these days and tell you all about it. But until then, give this tasty creation a try and I can guarantee you'll be on the first plane South!


Ingredients:
  • 3 Cups Cooked and Mashed Sweet Potato
  • 3/4 Cup White Sugar
  • 1/3 Cup Softened Butter
  • 1 Egg
  • 2 Tsp. Vanilla
  • 1/2 Cup Milk
  • 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes
  • 1/4 Cup Flour
  • 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
  • 1 Cup Chopped Nuts {I use Pecans and Walnuts}
  • 1/3 Cup Softened Butter
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
  2. Combine the mashed sweet potato, white sugar, butter, beaten eggs, vanilla, and milk.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine coconut, flour, brown sugar, nuts, and butter. 
  4. Spoon wet mixture into lightly greased baking dish. 
  5. Sprinkle dry mixture over wet mixture.
  6. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, or until top crumble is golden brown.
And that is that. Done like dinner.

Happy Baking, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS