Friday 21 June 2013

It Doesn't Have to be New

...well not always anyhow.

There are always those times when it is nice to splurge on a shiny new trinket, or two. When a room in your home, or a staple item in your closet, needs that one thing to take it the next level and it can not be found second hand. That day is approaching the MacDonald/Gaudett household. But today is not that day.

I have acquired a few new items that I am oh.so excited about. What I am going to do with them all? That remains to be seen. But I just couldn't pass them up. You'll see why.

Vintage Highchair

This vintage highchair once belonged to my grandfather on my mothers side.
Cost: Free

Vintage Piggy Bank

Literally, a piggy bank. I am planning to incorporate this treasure into Finley's eclectic room.
Cost: Free 

Old School Desk

I have plans in mind for this old school desk. With a little love this could be a great craft and work area for Finley down the road. Or for the cousins when they com to visit in the mean time.
Cost: Free

Old Barrel

This barrel is worn, just the way I like it. After a little fix-er-up I hope to use this outside for a planter of sorts. We shall see.
Cost: Free

Old Child Size Desk Chair 

A simple coat of paint will bring this chair to life. 
Cost: Free


Detailed Mirror

Isn't she a beauty? I cant wait to find a spot for this wood framed mirror. The glass may need to be replaced but you cant beat the price.
Cost: Free

 'M' is for MacDonald

My Mother-Dearest has had this, along with several other letters, tucked away in the Spa Room for years now. I kindly suggested I could take it off her hands. What I will do with it? Time will tell. But I have a feeling it will be a goodie.
Cost: Free

Small Finds

Here is the smaller loot: Orange Vase, Bathroom Art & Frame, 2 crochets throws, Enamel bucket with handle, Enamel wash tub, and Enamel decorative item.
I know it doesn't look like much now, but with a little love each of these goodies will eventually be put to use in style. You'll just have to keep checking back as to the how and where.
Cost: Free, Free, & Free

Too Cute to Leave Fish

This has been my splurge as of late. It was oh.too.cute. Don't you just want to give it a smooch?
Cost: $8.45 {on sale from $20} @ Weaton's

That is it for the haul as of late. Ill keep you posted when I have another little stockpile. 

*Most of the free.b's came from my cousin Steph. She was getting rid of her excess. One persons junk can become a treasure - after a little TLC.

What about you? Have you found any new treasures? Something cheep cheep? Or perhaps a splurge? Spill the details.

Chat soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS