Wednesday 26 June 2013

Get Inspired

I'm desperately in need of inspiration this week. How about you?

There are those times that I discover inspiration in the simplest of places. It seems to be here, there, and everywhere. This week I can't help whistling a completely different tune. I'm stumped. Which leads to lack of motivation. Which in turn leads to zero productivity. Which is a total bum.mer! Especially since common-law is home and readily available for handy work.

Has anyone else caught a ride on the same lazy train that I seem to be stuck on? If so, here's to hoping these gorgeous house tours, from some of my favourite bloggers, will be just the ticket to Productivityville.

Source

I think I have died and gone to cabinet heaven! This crisp white kitchen is my idea of perfection. And with simple pops of colour - I am quite honestly coveting those blue stools - Hollie has most certainly got an inspirational room on her hands. Coffee date at her place?

Source

I adore Aimee's style, over at It's Overflowing. Her entire home is lovely. But I especially love the transformation of her living room! The painted brick fireplace in contrast with that area rug that I would literally throw down for. The bright airy feeling it exudes. And the unexpected pops of colour and pattern. 

Source

This office space that Ashli over at the Mini Manor Blog has put together is quite honestly one of my favourite rooms I have seen to date. *And I love nothing more than a home tour so I have seen quite a few in my time. The bright airy feel. Colourful books and art. The his and hers desks. That rug! And the clever book ends... Each detail helps pull the space together to create a welcoming working environment.  Add a comfy reading nook and I wouldn't be able to leave! {If you haven't already, do take her house tour. It alone will get you up from your computer and working away at that honey-do list.}

Source

Jennifer, the voice and talent over at Rambling Renovators, is my kind of gal! She believes the magic of home decor 'lies in the details' and based on the beauty of this room, and the rest of her home, her powers run deep. Each detail enhances the room and pulls it together to create a work of art. *Those mounted reading lights are darling. And the panelled wall! Oh, Robert...

Source

Welcome! Step right in. Doesn't this simple yet oh.so. functional entryway make you swoon? Or at least want to kick your shoes off and stay awhile? Maybe that is just me. But I dare venture to say Sarah, designer and mastermind behind this space, would whole heartedly agree. Her clever organization, functional storage, and pops of pretty make this small entry a dynamic and coveted room in her home. *Follow her and all her creative DIY adventures at Sarah M. Dorsey Designs
Source

Last, but certainly not least, on todays inspirational tour is Ashley and Jamin's back yard bungalow from The Handmade Home. Their entire home is beautiful and filled with thoughtful items that pull each space together to feel intensional, logical, yet perfectly lovely. And this quaint backyard play zone is no exception. I can not imagine any child, or adult, not falling in love with this darling backyard home.

Did that do the trick? Are you feeling energized? Roaring to go? Do! *Then come back and tell what you got up to!

Chat soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS