Sunday 28 July 2013

Carrot Soup

Summer time here is lovely with the bon fires, the birthday parties, the get togethers, the beach… on and on goes the list. So, when the sun is out and friends are calling, my desire to spend four hours in the kitchen whipping up a gourmet meal is just non-existent. This leads us to the problem “What is gluten-free, vegan, quick AND delicious?”.

Well, my friends, if you want an answer to that, check out my fellow Frederictonian’s blog, Georgia Trying Something New. I stumbled upon this blog via facebook not long ago and I was incredibly impressed with the recipes that were not only easy, but very satisfying to the taste buds. So, I set out to try Georgia’s Carrot Soup recipe in order to have something quick and easy available before rushing off to the beach with Allison, Finley & Moe.


This is what you will need:

  • 2 pound bag of carrots, peeled & chopped  
  • Half of a large yellow onion, chopped (Al & I both love onions so I used a bit more) 
  • 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth 
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil 
  • 1/2 tablespoon of salt 
  • 1/2 tablespoon of pepper 
  • 1 teaspoon of basil  
Follow these easy steps for some delicious and satisfying soup:

  1. Cook carrots until soft. 
  2. Meanwhile, sauté your onions in your oil in a frying pan until they are translucent.
  3. Once both the carrots and onions are done, pulse in the food processor (or in our case, as always, the VitaMix)  
  4. Add your vegetable broth (I like PC Organics), salt, pepper & basil. 
  5. Pulse until the soup is at your desired consistency.
 A few notes:
*Actually measure your salt. I did not. This was not a good decision. There is such a thing as too salty.

Despite the fact I may have made it a tad too salty, this soup was amazing and so simple to make. Allison and I enjoyed this with avocado and hummus sandwiches and loved it. It made enough for three meal times for the two of us and made life easy after a long afternoon in the sun when we were much too tired to cook. Highly recommended and thanks to Georgia for sharing this lovely recipe on her blog!

 We hope you enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS