This is what you will need:
For the Cake:
- 2 eggs
- ½ Cup Canola Oil
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp. Dark Brown Sugar
- 12 oz. Berries (I used Raspberries… yum!!)
- ¼ Cup Water
- ¼ Cup Honey
- Preheat oven to 350º, grease and flour springform pan and set aside.
- In mixer bowl, mix together canola oil and sugar until well blended. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour and baking powder.
- Fold flour mix into egg mixture by hand and pour into pan.
- Sprinkle cake with brown sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour. (I took mine out at 35 minutes and really, it could have done with less time, so be sure to check your cake before 45 minutes! Ovens vary!)
- While cake is baking, sprinkle remaining brown sugar on berries and bring to a boil with honey and water. (We have WAY too many frozen berries in the freezer, so this is what we used. Turned out great!) Turn temperature down and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or to desired thickness.
- Pour over cooled, sliced cake and enjoy. I sure did!! (Might even be good with a touch of whipped cream?)