Tuesday 17 September 2013

Ooh La La

I wish that I knew what I know now
When I was younger.
I wish that I knew what I know now
when stronger.
It's been one of those weeks my friends. A singing, slightly crazy sort of week. You know the ones?

We are spending our days at Grams this week, and what a time we are having. I've been helping out with a few projects while Mr. Finn gets up to some mischief when he isn't too busy eating. My kid is an endless pit I swear it. We've also managed to squeeze in a few outings to visit family between work and play. Time well spent all around. Of course I snapped a few shots along the way to share with Pap, but thought you might enjoy them as well.

Friday AM: 

An impromptu play outdoors with Gram in long-johns and bare feet turned into the sweetest little photo shoot.





Friday Afternoon:

Spending time with Grandparents and Great-Grandparents is above and beyond special to me. I wish I had been more aware of its value when I was a bit younger. Spent more time, you know? Since I havn't discovered a way to go back in time {yet}, I will be intentional about encouraging Finley to appreciate those who have lived full lives before him. He is already on the right track.

First a visit back to visit Great-Grandparent Sabine's for lunch and homemade bread.

Relaxing. Just like Great-Grampie Earl.

Helping Gram with her work.

Sharing stories with Great-Grammie Verna.

Next stop, Great-Grandparent Gaudett's for play time and more food.

Special Trucks with Great-Grampie Mel.

A play must always be followed by food. Man time!

This picture is one that I will cherish for years to come.
I too have sat in that same chair, bald as can be, snuggling my Grandpa. Now it is Finn's turn.

Being silly with Great-Grammie Lil.

We have photos just like those with me running around... The thought brings tears to my eyes.

After getting snuggles and a full belly inside, Finn ventured outside for a a play.

He is quite the explorer.

A wondrous discovery of crab apples. 

Saturday Afternoon:

After a morning of work we discovered Gram and Grandpa Phil's gardens. What fun!

Gram and Finn hard at work.

Dirt is Finn's all-time favourite toy.
*If you notice, his fingernails are NEVER clean. 

He picked a cucumber and ate it dirt and all.

We encountered a frog and a snake.
No big deal.

It is easy to find the simple joys in life around here - family, dirt, and reptiles.

Hopefully your week is off to a good start! Chat soon.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful week of pictures and treasured memories for years to come...brought tears to my eyes too...he is such a lucky little boy ...love the pictures....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS