Friday 19 July 2013

Organization Palooza Day 7: Recipe Box

Hey-Oh! 

How goes the battle?

Today's organization space at my house is the smallest one yet - our recipe box. I needed a low key sit down project after the garage adventures. A little productive break if that makes sense. 

But no matter how big or small, a tidy functional approach to - well anything - is always the best! That is my new policy. Seven days in to this personal challenge and I am feeling deliriously happy about the way our house is coming together. Hopefully by next weeks end everything will have a happy logical place to call home.

Now back to the task at hand.


The recipe box itself stayed the same. I made it a while back when the pantry was overhauled if you recall. The box is a Dollarstore find. A whopping $1.50. The label an eclectic style a-la Allison.

The contents are what required my attention today. The recipe cards were in no particular order leading to regular frustration when I went searching for something.

But take a look at it now.



Nothing a dozen spruced up dividers cant fix.

The plain white dividers weren't cutting it so I traced the tab onto coloured paper, cut, and pasted. Just like online but slightly more time consuming. 


Being environmentally friendly, I avoided wasting paper by making the coloured strip just wide enough to be covered by the recipe cards. No need to get carried away when its purpose is only to add a little pop of fun in an unexpected place.

Then came the labelling. I sorted the cards into twelve categories - for no other reason than that is the number of dividers that came in a pack. I went with the following {in alphabetical order of course}:
  1. Appetizers
  2. Bread/Rolls
  3. Dressings/Sauces/Rubs
  4. Drinks
  5. Fish
  6. Meat
  7. Muffins/Cookies
  8. Pasta
  9. Pastries
  10. Salads
  11. Soups/Stews
  12. Waffles


Another plus is the plentitude of space still available for our ever expanding recipe repertoires!

So that is me. A lazy organization task done while sipping a mug of delicious coffee and supervising Finley as he 'plays' with Moe.

What do you have on the go? A biggie? Or perhaps a low key task like-a-moi? Can't wait to hear all about it!

Chat soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS