Saturday 11 May 2013

It Doesn't Have to be New

It is another beautiful Saturday out there guys! The sun is peaking through those clouds, everyone and their dog is out for a walk, and the smell of fresh cut grass fills the air. All of that combined with the first yard sales of the year brings a pure joy to this gals heart!

I only found one treasure on my first trip out but it was well worth the early rise. A vintage toy to add to Finley's room and can be used for learning his alphabet down the room. I paid one whole dollar! Score.

Vintage Children's Toy
But that is not all for treasures around here this week. My mother, Doris or D-Frase, just arrived home from her winter in Florida. I'm not jealous at all! And she brought along some treasures to share. My lot includes several gorgeous pottery pieces, a glass dish with cork stopper, and an unfinished ceramic jar with handles that is just waiting to find its purpose. These beauties range in price from $0.25 up to the $8 splurge on the pottery pitcher. I cant wait to put each of these to work. 

Dishes, Dishes, Everywhere
She also found some fabric options for future DIY's. All of with cost less than $10 total.

What to do, what to do...
And last, but certainly not least, are the two furniture finds that followed me home from a local second-hand store, Forbes New to You {check them out on Facebook}.


I'm excited to see what these new additions have in store and what spot they will come to occupy around here!

Chat soon!

1 comment:

  1. Elaine MacDonald11 May 2013 at 10:18

    oh dear love the crock to add to my collection, keep an eye out for me Doris next winter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS